The Certificate in Data Protection Compliance offers a foundation level of data protection compliance training, providing an overview of the GDPR and other important and related UK data protection legislation.
This course is certificated and quality assured by the SQA, and is rated on the SCQF at level 6.
This course is ideal for anyone requiring an overview of data protection legislation including the GDPR.
This course is 1 day.
The course provides an overview of:
- The development of data protection law and drivers for change
- Key definitions
- The data protection principles including the lawfulness of processing, consent and privacy notices
- The rights of data subjects
- Responsibilities of controllers including:
- designating a DPO
- information security and personal data breaches
- transfers to third countries and international organisations
- The role of the Information Commissioner
- An overview of applying the legislation in accordance with codes of practice:
- information sharing
- managing employees
This course is assessed by a one hour multiple choice exam, which is completed at the end of course delivery.
The costs for completing this course range from £325 (attendance only) to £425 (costs excluding VAT) for those wanting to sit the assessment.
If you have 3 people or more requiring data protection or GDPR training please contact us about available discounts. If you have 4 or more, it may be more cost effective to run the course in house. Please contact us for details.
We run this course in locations throughout the UK – see our scheduled training for available course dates.
We will always arrange additional courses if there is sufficient demand – please contact us to register an interest.
Successful attendees will receive a Certificate in Data Protection Compliance, approved, quality assured and certificated by the SQA.
Other Training Courses and Qualifications
We offer a Certificate or Diploma in Managing Data Protection Compliance, which is a 5 day training course. This is suitable for those responsible for managing data protection compliance within their organisations, including those designated as a Data Protection Officer.
Tkm also offers the following qualifications from the BCS: